How can I sign the Lapinlahti residents’ initiative?
Thank you for helping secure the future of Lapinlahti!
Below you will find detailed written instructions on how to participate in the resident initiative. Electronic participation with login information for online banking is also presented in an instructional video, which you can find here (in Finnish), however, the instructions show step by step the process, so it is easy to follow.
You can only sign in either Swedish or Finnish. If it is challenging for you to read either Finnish or Swedish, you can use the translating tool available in Google Chrome browser:
When you go to the Kuntalaisaloite page, you can use Chrome to translate the page.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Go to the Kuntalaisaloite page, which is written in another language.
- On the right of the address bar, click Translate .
- Click on your preferred language.
- Chrome will translate your current webpage.
To participate in the resident initiative, you must
A) be a resident of Helsinki OR
B) own or possess real property in Helsinki OR
C) have the right to sign for a company, institution, foundation or enterprise
whose registered office is in Helsinki.
You can sign the initiative even if you are under 18 years old.
You can sign the Lapinlahti residents’ initiative
a) online at https://www.kuntalaisaloite.fi/sv/initiativ/35731.
You must either have a functioning email address or be able to authenticate yourself strongly with online banking login credentials, mobile authentication, or an electronic ID card.
- Scroll down the page. Click the “Participate in the initiative” button.
- Choose either strong authentication or email authentication.
- Strong authentication with online banking login credentials: (For visual reference, see the instructional video here, in Finnish)
- Select your bank and you will be directed to the bank’s service.
- Enter your username. Open your bank’s login application and enter your password.
- Once logged in, your details will be displayed on the screen.
- Press the “Continue to the service” button.
When you return to the kuntalaisaloite.fi service, click “Save” and your participation will be saved.
If you are unsure whether your participation has been saved, you can try again and the service will inform you that you have already participated.
- Authentication by email: Enter your first name, last name, and email address in the specified fields.
- If you are not a resident of Helsinki, please select the grounds for your right to participate in the initiative.
- Click the “Send confirmation link” button.
- Go to your email and open the message you received.
- If you cannot find the message, check your spam folder.
- Click the “Confirm participation” button in the message, i.e., the link that takes you to the kuntalaisaloite.fi service.
- Your participation will then be saved.
b) on paper at many different locations. Fill in the required information, sign the form, and place it in the red mailbox. The signing point in the main building is in the Gallery corridor, at the end of the narrow corridor behind Café Lähde.
The doors to the main building are open during office hours on weekdays and during Café Lähde’s opening hours on weekends. We also organize campaign events and collect signatures around the city. You can get information about events by following our social media channels or subscribing to our campaign newsletter (in Finnish).
You can participate in this initiative only once.
Your name will be visible to the person responsible for the initiative. Your name will be forwarded to the City of Helsinki when the initiative is sent and the city may publish the names of the initiators when processing the initiative.
A heartfelt thank you for your help! <3